Saturday, October 11, 2014

Football - Just Let It Go

Televised football games - particularly those involving The University of Oklahoma, are not relaxing for me.  In fact they are more stressful than fun for me to watch.  But if I am at home I am watching, sure that I will have a stroke with each missed touchdown.  I am not a good sport.  I am involved in the game almost as much as the coach.


Today was no different.  The 4th quarter of the OU/Texas game began with surety that the game would go OUs way with little difficulty.  But that last minute left me drained.  A wider spread would have been nice, boys.  We won! 


All this anxiety reminds me of my dad.  He used to get so involved in the game that finally he'd have to go outside to cool down.  One day, he let it all go................  He just let it go.  He watched many games after that, but he just let it go.  I let it go a few years back............the day I went outside after a particularly bad, loosing play, and hit the chimes to the top of the roof.  It let it go.  But today I tried to grab it back and it was not pretty.  I cried just a little after the win.  What would I have done had they lost?  I just need to let it go.


So I am going to just let it go. 


I hope you are having a great day.  It is a cool, cloudy day, 59 degrees in Oklahoma..........a perfect fall day for watching OU football.  Wish daddy was here to "just let it go" with me.  Did I tell you that daddy had an incomplete in his senior year just to go back to play football at Prague.  It's true, I tell you.  B and L, you'd better not do that.
   
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive