Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween 2014

halloween81stevenAmyShawnaGrant

OUR LITTLE TRICK OR TREATERS AND THEIR COUSINS

 

Good morning.  Happy Halloween.

I am having a hot cup of coffee this morning and watching the leaves fall on this rather dreary looking, although not rainy, day.  It is a totally beautiful day.  I like these cloudy days.  It makes me think of all things that I loved most about my childhood and my children's childhood.

Of course one of my children’s favorite holidays was Halloween.  Think CANDY.  I never had a lot of candy around the house back then.  One thing I didn’t think having candy at hand was all that good for them……and our candy fund was almost always broke.  Let me explain…………..we lived from payday to payday.  So when Halloween rolled around each year, off they went to glean as much candy as their little plastic pumpkins would hold…………..or at least get it half way full.  We didn’t take them outside out little neighborhood, but most of our neighbors were prepared to pass out handfuls of GOOD candy to each child.  When only ten children haunt one’s neighborhood, you can afford to pass out the good kind.  Back then we could also trust all our neighbors so when someone gave popcorn balls or cookies, we never gave it a thought to checking them. 

Here’s to another great Halloween.  Hope yours is safe and full of fun and CANDY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive