Tuesday, October 14, 2014

They Don't Charge Old People, You Know

"They don't charge old people, you know."  Yes, that is what the hubby said and I turned and glared at him.


To be truthful I knew that my license was free because I had hit that magic age, but I forgot about it.  So I bounced my way right on in to get my new drivers license.  After filling out some paperwork about voter registration (who knew they do that), the clerk walked off and I was completely immersed in looking at myself in the mirror at the end of the aisle.  Pretty vain, huh, but I was all caught up admiring myself and thinking "dang, you look pretty good for an old woman of a certain age".  All of sudden the clerk reappears and tells me to follow her down to the camera.  Beginning to think I was loosing my memory, my short term--3 minute memory, I blurted out, "Did I pay?"  She smiled her sweet smile and told me it was free.  Free..........ah...........free! 


I was still bouncing when I returned home, showing off my new license to my hubby; and by the way it is the best picture I have taken in years.  He was impressed that I remembered to get a new one since that isn't the reason I went out this afternoon.  I told him that it didn't cost me a thing, and he said, "They don't charge old people, you know."  I glared!!!! 


But here's how I really feel about it.  I can either embrace getting older or I can deny it.  Either way, there isn't a person out there that is going to believe I am younger than the age on my drivers license.  I might as well embrace it; so embracing it, I am.  So here is to a good day - a free license.  Not everything is negative about aging.


They don't charge old people, you know.


I love you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive