Thursday, August 20, 2015

38 Years Ago Tonight

017

38 years ago tonight, I ate dinner with my hubby, Steven, Mom and Dad in Norman, OK, at the Boomerang Restaurant.  I know specifically because that night was the night before my second child’s birth.  I was pregnant with a little girl (unknown gender in those days). 

We had a wonderful night with my family.  My parents came back to our house for visiting and playing with our almost 3 year old little boy.  I knew before my parents left for home, some 50 miles away, that my water had broken, but I didn’t really realize that contractions would begin soon.

Much to the chagrin of my husband, I took a shower and fixed my hair despite my shower and shampoo earlier in the day, and the fact that my water had broken.  Also, much to my hubby’s chagrin, I had let my parents drive all the way home (some 50 miles or so) only to call them back a few hours later to drive back so that Dad could keep my son while Mom, hubby, and I made our way to the hospital.  Yes, in hind site it wasn’t the smartest move on my part.

Nonetheless, our beautiful Shawna was born bright and early the next day, 8:00 a.m.  Both our babies were born on Sunday.  Sunday’s child—full of grace.

38 Years Ago Tonight

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive