Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Sleep Tight My Sweet Boys


Tonight little boys and girls all over Oklahoma are getting ready for bed in hopes of a good nights sleep, perhaps a little anxious.  Tomorrow is a big day in their lives; the first day of a new school year.  My grandsons are a little nervous tonight, but excited to start 6th grade and 3rd grade.  I pray that God grants these grandchildren a fun and safe year, and that they fall asleep fast and stay asleep.


Today, when we kept them we decided to make their last summer vacation day a lazy day.  To be truthful I had asked them if they wanted to go to the park or zoo, but they just wanted to watch a movie.  They picked, with our urging, "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World".  They'd never seen this G rated gem and it had been years since we'd seen it.  Blaine built a fort using chairs and a sheet, settled inside with pillows to watch, while Logan just rocked back in the recliner.  And the giggling began............for all of us.  At intermission, we all loaded in the car and went for Mexican food, one of their places.  When we got back, we finished the movie.  All in all, a good, relaxing day. 


Sleep tight my sweet boys.  Nana sends Nana love.


I love you.


The movie we saw today was so entertaining.  I remember seeing this at the theater and I was literally hurting from laughing so hard when I left the theater.  Why can't someone make movies like this again?  Are the writers just not as clever and talented?  I don't know.  I do know that lots of parents and grandparents would head to the theater with their families if there was something entertaining for the whole family; something rated G or even PG.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive