Saturday, August 15, 2015

What to Do Next

3:00 p.m. on this most lovely of Saturday afternoons.  We have a rare combination of sunshine, low-80s temperature, and only a very slight breeze.  For Oklahoma, it is indeed rare.  It's August 15th, for Pete's sake.  (Ever ask yourself who Pete is?)  It's suppose to be HOT, HOT, HOT--with emphasis on HOT.


There's not much going on this lazy afternoon on the old homestead.  Another rarity.  I'm setting on the porch swing listening to one lone mockingbird.  Poor guy can't get anybody to respond to any of his calls.  And now I hear one lone LOUD cricket, and poor guy, he can't find anyone to respond to him either.  Now I hear a Blue Jay.............  Such a nice way to spend the afternoon--on the porch.


I'm trying to decide what to do next.  Go to the gas station with hubby to get gas for the mower?  Go inside and clean my house?  Iron?  Mop the kitchen?  Stay right here and listen to the summer sounds?  Hmmmm, I am getting very sleepy................


I love you.  Will tell you what I did next time I write.


  1.  

1 comment:

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive