Monday, August 17, 2015

Roasted Vegetables, Rhonda’s Way

Audrey in ponytail 005

Last time I wrote, I was setting on the front porch enjoying the Saturday afternoon.  I actually was able to make myself get up and mopped the kitchen floor by hand.  By hand I tell ya.  That front porch was still calling my name.  How often do you get days in Oklahoma like that.  I actually fell asleep on the swing and it was WONDERFUL.  The best sleep I have had in a long, long time.  When I woke up I was craving vegetables.  You don’t often hear a person say that, do you?

So I made roasted vegetables, one of my favorite side dishes.   A couple of years ago my youngest sister made this for me and I was hooked.  While I could make this for my entire meal, the hubby seems to think we ought to have a meat. 

My recipe is probably similar to my sister’s, but not as good as hers.  (Doesn’t everything taste better if someone else makes it for you?)  This recipe is easy peasy.  Just chop your vegetables to bite size pieces and toss with olive oil to coat.  Add the savory spices of your choice and toss again.  Pour onto your pan or baking sheet and roast or bake.  I roasted mine using my convection oven, but a conventional oven works well, too.  My convection oven was set at 375 degrees and was done to my desired tenderness, crunchy tender,  in about 25 minutes.  I tossed the vegetables a couple of times during the cooking process to make sure the veggies weren’t burning.

Vegetables can be your choice.  I happened to have broccoli, onions, carrots, and yellow squash on hand so that is what I used for this meal.

Fresh brussel sprouts are fantastic fixed this way.  I halve mine.

That’s all that’s going on around here.

I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive