Thursday, December 31, 2015

A Peak Into the Past

Last night we got a peak into the past. 


Last night our grandsons spent the night with us and on our way to a restaurant, we stopped at Sears to get a humidifier.  Remember the Sears store in Heritage Park Mall?  One of our boys had been in a Sears store once when his dad bought a lawnmower, but the other one had not.  They were pretty much in awe that the store has "everything".  We assured them that Sears has nothing compared to what they had in the 1980s. 


While we shopped for the humidifier, we let them roam the store and they looked at everything.  All the exercise equipment, the clothes, the lawn equipment, tires, the appliances............all in one store that had "everything".  Before we left we walked the store with them and reminisced, giving them a little glimpse of what the store was like in the 80s.  We walked down to the doors that once led out to the now defunct mall.  The curtains beyond the glass doors were shut...................almost.  There were a couple of places where we could give the boys a pretty good peek into the mall...........a peek into the past.  I pointed out where the Chick-fi-la was and Jenkins where I bought my piano.  We described the mall and how we could let their mom and uncle roam around while we shopped.  As we turned around, I literally cried tears.  I apologized.  My hubby told me that it was quite alright to cry for things that once were.


Oh the mall..........we had such good times, but it is gone now.  Despite my tears, the peek into the past wasn't all that great.  Dust and litter everywhere.  The large planters that were once filled with beautiful large plants are now just ugly litter-filled eyesores with dried stalks.  I think that is what filled me with sorrow............seeing what was once so pretty, filled with pretty things and happy people now has turned into an eyesore. 


So now that I have gotten A Peak Into the Past, it is time to close that chapter and look to the future.  So tonight let's hoist our glasses to the future...................2016.


Happy New Year


I love you.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive