Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Caramels

New Camera First Upload 058New Camera First Upload 051New Camera First Upload 052New Camera First Upload 056New Camera First Upload 063

Today I made the BEST caramels EVER.  Today I made the EASIEST caramels EVER.

It’s Christmastime so you know the sugar comes out and calories goes in…….my body. 

Here’s the simple recipe; all made in the microwave so if you make it, remember this is MOLTEN LAVA. 

1.  Combine 1/4 cup butter, 1/2 white sugar, 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 1/2 cup white Karo syrup, and 1/2 cup Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk in a medium glass mixing bowl.  I mix this all together, breaking up the butter just a bit.

2.  Place bowl in microwave and cook on high for 6 minutes, stirring mixture every 2 minutes.   (Remove from microwave to stir.)  After 6 minutes, stir again before pouring into a buttered pan. 

3.  After the molten lava caramel  has cooled, cut caramels into cubes.  Wrap in small pieces of wax paper.

These are so pretty in my glass container and there they will be in my cool sunroom until closer to Christmas.  Why????  Because we will eat them ALL in the next two days if we don’t hid them from ourselves.

I love you.

Mom used to make lots of Christmas candy and she’d hide it on top of the freezer.  The thing is we all knew where it was, but none of the five of us kids got into it.  It just didn’t seem right to raid that candy before Christmas day.  Love you my momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive