Thursday, December 24, 2015

Merry Christmas to All

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT.


Every Christmas Eve Mom read the Christmas story before we toddled off to bed.  This was taken when I was 16 or 17 I would guess so I was a little old for toddling.  Little did I know then how much this photograph would come to mean to me. 


As far back as I have memories, Mom read us the Christmas story from Luke 2.  I can’t even imagine how hectic it was for mom to set aside the hustle and bustle of preparing candy, wrapping presents, and various other tasks such as riding herd over five little ones, squelching squabbles, and preparing for Santa to actually take a breather and read us this story.  But it was important to her and it is important to me.


So when you toddle off to bed tonight, I hope you have had a chance to reflect on the true meaning and beginning of Christmas.  Merry Christmas to all.


I love you.


I could look at this picture for an hour.  This is my heritage.  This is at the very core of my being.  This is what I am all about. This is the basic me. 


Another Christmas Eve tradition was daddy reading us “The Night Before Christmas” and EVERY time he would change the words from “Twas the night before Christmas when all through the house, not a creature was stirring not even a mouse” TO “Twas the night before Christmas when all through the hoose, not a creature was stirring not even a moose”.


Wonderful memories…….are you making memories tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive