Friday, January 29, 2016

He's In His Element

It has come.............that time of the year when the hubby starts talking to the television or maybe just to himself.  He might be talking to me.  Maybe I'd better pay attention.  He's in his element watching the coverage of the Barrett-Jackson Auction............sort of.  Let me explain.  We have been watching this auction for years and years............back when it was fun.  Now, for both of us, we are tired of it.  The auctioneering gets on both our nerves.  All the yelling and the banter is enough to put me on edge, sending me to bed early every night. 


So............we have started watching some of the more refined auctions happening at the same time over the internet.  RM Auctions and Gooding Co Auctions are so much more entertaining to us.  None of the yelling but certainly more exciting as a lot of these cars are commanding several million dollar bids..............and they sell!  If only...........


So tonight I set here listening to the hubby say:


"I didn't know that."
"It is not!  That's is not right."
"Look at that color."
"If we'd won that lottery, we'd be heading to Pebble Beach in August with a $50M line of credit."
"They run the same commercials all the time."
"Wow"
"Look, that's a 6 cylinder."
"That's just like Tony's.  I wanted to buy it."
"What do you think that guy does to be able to buy so many cars?"
"I think its pretty."  (After I said it was ugly.)
"I could do without the stripe."
"They had one of those out at Shepherd Mall when they were new.  It'll go for a million."
"It's going for a lot less than the other car."
"Look at the louvers on the hood.  Looks like they've got red underneath the black.  That'd be a job, wouldn't it?"


Yes, he is in his element.  I am glad.  He deserves this little respite from the daily grind.  Talk on.....I won't tell a soul you talk to the TV.


I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive