Wednesday, January 13, 2016

This Morning

Did you happen to see the pink sky this morning?  I glanced at my watch while still in bed; 7:15.  The bedroom was filled with a pink glow.  I looked out the window and I could see a brilliant reddish/pink sky peaking between the slats of the blinds.  I quietly snuck out of bed because I wanted this to be a "me" moment, but by the time I got to a window in another room the sky was so red that I thought there might be a fire up the hill.  I hesitated waking my husband....oh let him sleep.  I opened the shutters and the view of this morning's sky was breathtaking. 


This beautiful sky reminded me of the poem Grandma Dawkins often recited about pink skies.


Pink sky at night
Sailors delight.
Pink sky at morning
Sailors take warning.


I can remember exactly where we were standing when I first remember hearing her words; right on her back porch......the one that went across the entire back of the house.  I don't know how true that little ditty is, but today it is probably wrong because we have a beautiful sunny day.  Who knows what the morrow will bring.


The view was so beautiful this morning, that I am inspired to get up earlier in the morning.  There might be another beautiful sunrise specifically made for me.


I love you friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive