Saturday, October 31, 2009

Going from Bad to Worse - Can this be salvaged?







I found a chair that I liked, but it needed upholstering. I have never tried to upholster anything other than chair seats. It looked like it wouldn't be so bad, so I bought it. Not much money so not much ventured but possibly a lot to gain. By gain I mean some experience. I got into the chair and lo and behold, it was much worse and much dirtier than I had thought, not to mention broken. There must have been a thousand nail holes or more. I just kept going and going. I first thought it was too daunting and even offered to my sister-in-law. After she accepted the challenge, I decided to keep on going to see if I could. I hope she isn't too mad at me for taking back the chair (challenge). Pictures posted go from bad to worse, but hopefully soon they will go back to bad to beautiful.






I am also making about 12 electrical cord covers. I haven't been able to find any cute cheap fabric, cheap being the operable word. I have no idea how to price these. Probably will add up the cost of the fabric and how long it takes me to make them. My guess is about $8 or $10 per. I will update on the actual pricing. Looking forward to both challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive