Monday, October 26, 2009

Moments


This last weekend was one filled with reflective moments. I was watching the OU/Missouri game off and on while cooking and decorating for a weiner roast and hayride for Blaine and Logan, my grandboys, and their friends Saturday night. I could imagine stadiums across the nation filled with eager young men and women with their lives ahead of them all screaming and yelling for their teams. The stadium at Fayetteville, AR, is one of the most beautiful sights in the fall I have ever seen. Several years ago we drove by the stadium while a game was going on. The stadium was down the hill so those on the street could look down on the game and see the fans in the stands. That Saturday the leaves were at their most brilliant and the yelling of the students and fans were at their loudest. We rolled down our windows just to take it all in. As we continued to drive our senses were even more heightened to the smell of burning leaves and the hickory smoking meats for the upcoming after parties. These are memories that time cannot erase. Now when I see the beautiful leaves on my trees coming down like rain, I am glad I have another moment to make another memory. The picture is one I took of our Tulip Poplar tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive