Monday, October 19, 2009

Love Autumn

Colors are coming along nicely in my yard. We spent the day working outdoors, mowing and getting ready for winter. We will probably have another mowing or two, but it feels good to have it done. My grandsons, Blaine and Logan, came today and played outside all morning. Fall is a great time to renew the spirits and watching the boys play in leaves are times that I can never get back.....forget working for a bit and play. Life is short.

I looked through Mom's recipe box today and noticed several recipes that are in her hand and one or two in my Grandma Dawkins' hand. What a treat to look at their handwriting once again. I will never forget how my grandmother's "n"s look like "u"s. I will try and make Grandma's Old Fashioned Taffy tonight.

2 comments:

  1. I have a cookbook hand-written by my maternal grandmother given by her at my wedding. When she gave it to us, I was politely thankful. Now, seeing her handwriting is almost like seeing beyond time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need the taffy recipe scanned please. I want to frame it and hang it up.

    ReplyDelete

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive