Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Don't Be Like Mrs. Blackwell. Check the Elastic in Your Panties

Remember the days when most of the women wore dresses, especially elderly women and your TEACHERS?  This is a story about Mrs. Blackwell, and if I remember correctly, she was one of my junior high English teachers.  Mrs. Blackwell wore dresses.  The elastic in her panties broke.  Mrs. Blackwell dropped her drawers right up front, right at the blackboard.  Yep, those suckers fell right off!  Right down to her ankles!  In front of junior high kids - BOYS!!!  Now how do you recover from that one.  Moral of the story:  Make sure the elastic is strong in your panties. 

I have often thought of Mrs. Blackwell when I see young boys wearing these baggie jeans hanging well below their bottom.  The other day, at Walmart, I saw a father loading his trunk and every time he bent over, those jeans fell below his (and I am just going to say it) butt.  He'd raise up, pull them up, put more groceries in the trunk and repeat the procedure - 10 times!  Moral of the story:  If you loose 10 minutes loading groceries in the car because you are constantly pulling up your jeans, loose them, and by that, I don't mean let them drop to the ground.

One of the funniest sights I ever saw was when V. and I stopped at a grocery store near Barksdale while we were TDY.  At the next checkout stand, I saw a guy, I will call him Shreveport man, who literally had to use one hand to pay for his purchases, 'cause he had the other hand holding his pants up.  Being the nosey woman I am, I kept my eye out for Shreveport man in the parking lot.  There he was still with one hand on his pants and the other arm loaded with groceries looking perplexed, staring at his car.  Here's the dilemma.  He needed to unlock the car.  What will he do, put the groceries on the ground or drop his pants?  If you guessed dropped his drawers you are correct.  Just like Mrs. Blackwell, those suckers were dropped to the ground.  I guess he thought he'd be more embarrassed if he had to drop the groceries or maybe he was proud of something.  Moral of the story:  Don't wear pants so large that you need to let them drop to your ankles when you unlock your car.

Here is what I have to say to all you people who have lost weight and think you haven't, to those of you who think you can still wear those bigger clothes - don't!  Get some smaller clothes.  It just doesn't look good when you have to use one hand to hold up your clothes.  Your undies might fall down, oh wait, they did!  Good thing you had your hand on your jeans.  Walking with your knees together, knock kneed - not good - save that knock kneed look for parties, you know, the party where you wear the lampshade on your head.  Moral of the story:  Don't be like Mrs. Blackwell.  Check the elastic in your panties. 

I should have warned you about the "Mrs. Blackwell incident" as it has come to be called.  Now, can I go with you to buy some new clothes?  Thanks for the chuckle.  I love you!           

1 comment:

  1. Ok you got me woman! I got a good chuckle out of that! I still need to go buy new underwear!

    ReplyDelete

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive