Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pass Me the Numzit!

Here I set tonight with a tiny tomato label on the tip of my tongue.  Why, you may ask?  Well, I think I will tell you.  I am just about out of mind, that's why.  A month ago I had dental work which left me with an uncontrollable urge to rub my tongue on the new bonding material between my two front lower teeth.  Now I don't have a place to put my tongue for this bonding material is the size of a landscape timber! ! !  I am just about to go crazy and now the tip of my tongue is almost raw searching for a place to rest.  I think I need a tranquilizer - but I don't have any, but I do have this little label I pulled off the tomato I sliced for my burger tonight which I had placed on my blouse because I didn't want to walk to the trash while I was slicing my tomato.  What luck when I noticed it on my blouse for now it is on my tongue and working like a champ.  My tongue no longer has the desire to rub itself raw.  See how resourceful I am, saving the label, putting it on my blouse, and finding a new use for it in my mouth.  Do you think there is a chance of botulism?  Pass me the Numzit!

It rained all day long today.  Lucky for me I finished mowing the yard last night about 7:00 p.m.  The green lush lawn looks so pretty with glittering rain drops.  Mowing is so therapeutic for me...that is, if I am using the ZTR.  Mind numbing.....thought provoking.....memory time.  So many things flowed through my mind on that mower, one of them was remembering my Grandma and Grandpa Dawkins.  They had a huge lawn; seemed to me like it must have been a half acre in the front.  They would take turns, one of them mowing a square, stopping at the porch to get a drink of water that the other had waiting and so the other could mow a square.  Taking turns, team work.  No ZTR for them, no electric start mower, no self-propelled drive mower, just a pull start mower.  Oh, did I mention they didn't have air conditioning in the house either?  So the next time you mow your yard on your riding mower, think about that.  There wasn't even relief waiting in the house.

With a lightened heart tonight, I want to tell you that I love you.

 

1 comment:

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive