Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I Want to be a Novelist

"T. told me that I should be a writer.  She told me I should have taken a journalism classes back in the day and maybe I would have a novel or two under my belt by now." I said.  "She also told me I could write a newspaper column.  That would be so cool to write about everyday stuff." 

"Yes, that is probably true.  Actually, you could definitely be a writer!  After all, you shade the truth just like a newspaper," he said snidely.

"What, I shade the truth?  What!!??!!  What are you talking about?"  I ask.

"Yes, like when you say I made you a tuna casserole with potato chips.  I never heard of cooking with potato chips.  That sounds horrible!  It was cheese so that was not the truth and you bent the truth to serve the story - just like a newspaper," he said giggling.
OK, people, how many of you think that everything I write to be the complete and unadulterated truth?  Yes, sometimes I enhance the story.  I fully admit it.  For the most part it is true and besides these are my memories and in my mind, there were potato chips on the top.  It was 'gag me with a spoon' awful.

By the way, I want to thank you for reading my blog and for the comments.  They are fun for me to open and see what someone has to say.  A couple of weeks ago, a new reader told me how they enjoy my posts.  Thanks D.  Enjoy everyone.  It is all written from my perspective and with a little tongue in cheek.  I want to be a novelist, but I won't be a novelist.  I will just have to keep entertaining my family with these memories.  I love you, guys.
      

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I'm laughing, my mother made that same casserole with potato chips on top!

    Keep writing woman! I love reading this!

    T.

    ReplyDelete

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive