Saturday, March 17, 2012

Just a Little Bit About Nothing

The beauty of writing a blog is that you get to write about anything you want.  Today - just a little bit about nothing.

1.  Day before yesterday we were out early.....that being 8:30 a.m. - remember my blog is "Retirement The Good Life"!!  We were waiting on Logan to arrive to spend the day so we were just walking around the place as we often do this time of the year admiring our little place in the sun.  Right now we are having a progression of blooms.  Hyacinths, crocus, redbuds, Bradford pears, jasmine, candy tuft, lilacs, spirea, forsythia, tulips, jonquils, daffodils, and various wild flowers.  And as quickly as they come, they will be gone.  They are fading fast, but we can still look forward to the honeysuckle, iris, and roses.  Speaking of gone, while we were enjoying our early morning walk, we looked up just in time to see a beautiful deer leaping across the acreage.  He was actually leaping ; those magnificent slim golden legs outstretched as far as they could go.  If the boys had been there, I am sure they would have thought him to be Rudolph.  My gosh, why can't ever moment of every day be this calm and serene. 

2.  Today we went to my cousin and his wife's 50th wedding anniversary.  I am just in awe of their youth, their love, and their beautiful family.  You would never pick them out of a line-up as the couple with 50 years behind them - a handsome couple.  As often is the case these days, their children put together a video of pictures set to music.  I just love that, don't you?  I wish I knew how to do one.  It was all I could do to hold back the tears.  Good tears - good years.  I remember them as that young couple....how do they have 50 years behind them.  Gosh, I remember going to their wedding.  It was a couple of years ago.

3.  I had a talk with my youngest grandchild this week.  His birthday is coming up - 5 years old he will be!  "Nana, I want you to get me a shrink hat for my birthday," he says.  "Shrink hat?" I question.  "Yes, a shrink hat.  You know, like this" he said as his little hands reach up to the top of his head and he pulls them down to his mouth."  "Oh, you want me to get you a drink hat?", I respond.  "Yes!!!", he nods with his face lighting up with the sweetest grin ever.  "I am not going to buy you a hat where you put drinks on your head.  That is red neck and I will not be a part of that," I reason.  "Well, I guess you are not going to get invited to my party!", he exclaims as he tears up and heads to the other room to have his private cry.  After a bit he came back, his eyes red and sniffing, to say I could come to his party if I just make the cake.  It was hard for me not to grab him for a quick squeeze of love.  5 year old boys do not like that.  I may be buying a shrink hat.

4.  J.C. Penney - What happened?  I haven't been shopping in weeks, but today I drove into town just to get out of the house.  Penneys may have lost me.  Their inventory seemed so low and the shoes...have you looked at their shoe department?  Nothing there.  I used to think they had a pretty good array of shoes, but either they have sold out or they have cut back on inventory.  For a Saturday at 11:00, they were lacking in customers, too.  There was only two checkout lanes open.  I asked the lady in front of me in the checkout line if she liked the new layout and she said no and that she hated their new magazine.  Have you seen it?  It sure doesn't entice me to buy.  I hope they see the error of their ways before we loose our MWC store.  Maybe I just need to lighten up.  See I told you I get to write about anything I want.

5.  I miss Tinker.  No, not always, but days like today.  Not one person said one word to me about St. Patrick's Day or wearing the green.  You couldn't get to your desk before somebody would be checking you over for your green and giving you a little pinch even if you were wearing a neon flashing shamrock.  Holidays gave us something to celebrate and have good food or groceries as Ken would say.  Happy St. Patrick's Day everybody.

Well.........that is all I have to say tonight.  Just a little bit about nothing.  I love you guys.        

1 comment:

  1. You cannot miss Tinker woman, one day back and you would remember why you retired! But I do miss sitting next to you,gossiping, looking at paint chips and talking about our kids.

    ReplyDelete

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive