Saturday, March 3, 2012

Smiling

Tonight I want to share a few things with you that just made me smile this week.

1.  The strength of my son - he has handled a lot lately and is always been so kind.
2.  My son's sweet fiancee - she is so strong, too.  I love having her in our family.
3.  My daughter's faith - she came to her mom's emotional rescue this week.
4.  My son-in-law's thoughtfulness.
5.  Last night hubby and I went to a catfish buffet.  At the next table I noticed an elderly man (he was my age - oh no!) at the table waiting on someone.  Shortly, his wife joined him.  The man rose and walked around to pull out her chair.  Chivalry is not dead!  I smiled.
6.  My sweet niece who texts me daily - they make me smile.  Those texts mean more to me than she or her mom know.
7.  Ceramic birds I found at Toni's Tree Farm - so glad that it is now open.  I smile every time I look over at them.
8.  All the Bradford pear trees in bloom.
9.  A joke someone sent me in an email - I laughed out loud.
10.  A sweet little 12 year old girl who was so polite to us tonight while looking at computers - so much different than the 12 year old boy at Best Buy.  She renewed my faith in the younger generation.
11.  Facetime with my sick grandchild - How could I not smile?
12.  I smiled when my other grandchild invited me to his house because he hadn't seen me in a long, long, long time (7 days).

It has been a very bad couple of weeks and I have done my fair share of crying.  Reading my Bible and praying has helped as well as the prayers and support of many dear friends and family and those around the world who are praying.  They keep smiling.  

Later this week I hope to share some fun things about a huge anniversary coming up.

I love you all. 

1 comment:

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive