Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Married Life - Day 2 and 3

I didn't get around to writing about Day 2 last night so you get day 2 and 3 in one post, not that there was a lot to post about. 

After we left Raton, we drove straight up I25 to Colorado Springs (Sunday).  If you have never driven that route, you should.  Almost every time we have driven that road, there has been a storm brewing way off to the West.  You can see snake lightening streaking in the sky.  Delightful drive.  Anyway, back in Colorado Springs, we tried to find a cute little hotel I remembered from a trip with mom and dad when I was a teenager but we didn't find it.  However, we found another place to save a little money, the Motel 8 out by the Air Force Academy.  Up to that point, our car was still decorated with all sorts of sayings that my husband's nephews wrote all over our car.  One I remember was "Tidal wave in the water bed tonight."  Hubby finally said we had to wash the car so I acquiesced.  I was thrilled to let the world know we were newly wed and it took me a couple of days to give in.  Hubby was ready to wash the car in OKC the very first night.  As it happened it snowed about 4 inches that night and the shoe polish was running like some really bad mascara.  It really did need to be washed.  Boo-hoo.  Does that mean the honeymoon is over?

On the next day to Lake Dillon, CO (Monday).  Lovely little resort just being developed.  We stayed at the Ptarmigan Inn there on the lake.  Beautiful place and a little more upscale than the prior two nights.  Two things I remember about that place, OK 3.  1.  It snowed.  2.  There was a live lady bug in my salad at the beautiful restaurant where we walked that night.  and 3.  We locked out keys in the car.  Yep.  We did.  Hubby had replaced the pull up locks in the car with some that were just straight up posts.  Now that keeps people out, but it also keeps us out.  Here were were on a snowy morning, and the keys were in the ignition and we were outside.  Finally hubby got a hanger and tied a fabric loop to it.  He snaked it down into the window, wrapped the loop around the lock till it was taut and then was able to pull the lock up.  And we were outta there.......   

More wedding memories:
1.  We didn't have a rehearsal and we were able to get married anyway.  Who knew?  But then again, maybe if we had, perhaps the minister would have gotten my name correct.  We didn't even repeat vows, just said "I do".  Simplicity..............

2.  As I was decorating the church along with my mom and her sisters, my aunt said I looked like I had just lost my best friend.  I remember replying "I did."  We have a side view picture of my dad, mom, and me standing in the receiving line - yes they did that back in those days.  We all have this look of tiredness and sadness.  Such a range of emotions on my wedding day.

3.  Hubby bought me a set of new tires the week before the wedding.  We took my car.  He had the 1960 Corvette and an Avanti.  Some sort of fancy car.  Got rid of it the first year we were married.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive