Friday, April 20, 2012

Part I - Getting Ready for the Airgun Show

I wrote this early this week, but did not publish it.  Be sure to catched Part II for the rest of the story.

He's going to the airgun show!  My hubby is in his element.  He's going to the airgun show!  He is getting excited.  He is getting all his wares together, sorting, tagging, cleaning, repairing, and making the painful decision as to what can go and what must stay.  The music is playing in the garage and the smell of various cleaning products specified for guns is in the air.  I know this is strange, but I like it.  I like knowing that he is nearby, I like that he is having a good time, I like it that he will see his friends again, and I like it that while we are there I will be able to pick out his laugh amongst all the other guys.

 Have you noticed when your spouse is in a good mood, so are you?  I have one happy hubby today, therefore I am happy today.  His hobby is antique airguns and BB guns.  For the last several years, he has gotten a table at the Arkansas airgun show where he can display his things.  Although he takes a couple dozen or more of his not so prized possessions and sets them out for sale, we usually end up bringing most of them back home, so I tend to think that we get a table for display and more specifically, he gets a table so he will have an excused to stay at this show for 1 1/2 days - someplace to put his hat, so to speak.  I am convinced these men and some women attend this show only to see others collections, to show off their guns, to ask questions of all the experts, and to buy new guns.  Oh woe is me!!
I love to travel, but more than the actually traveling, I love to plan.  In the early years of our marriage, I sent wrote to almost every state in the union, gathering all sorts of pamphlets and brochures to plan each segment of our trips.  Now days, I can do it right online, even finding the actual menus of restaurants I want to try.  Shopping - just look it up.  Don't know how to get there, just download the Google Map.  I will be Google-ing (a verb??) antiques.  I have several days of checking out new restaurants, shopping, and antiquing!  Who needs airguns?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive