Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Lottery Fantasy

I had the pleasure of keeping this little guy today.  He had so much to tell me..............and to ask me.  Like this one.  "Nana, do peoples get to live in their grandma's houses after they dead?"  Now that will start a nana thinking.  "No", I say.  "You don't have to.  Would you like to live in my house?"  "Yeah", he says.  "I like it here."  It was a perfect moment.  He was helping me make the bed, the warm sun was coming through the blinds, and the room looked so pretty when we finished pulling up the white bedspread and tucking it under the pillows.  No wonder he wanted to live here.

I told the hubby about this little conversation and I laughed when he told me we would have to watch L. because he might just ease us on out a little early as he is not a patient boy.

I sometimes wish we still had mom's house, maybe not to live, but to visit...to have a place where my family could gather and reminisce.  The house was beginning to deteriorate before the fire so I know that by now it would be a financial nightmare to keep up.  Just last week I was thinking, "What if....."  So without further ado I give you my Lottery Fantasy. 
I would buy the entire Dawkins' farm just to keep it in the family, and I would pay four times the valued appraisal (got to be nice to my family).  I would build a huge house with a huge, huge living room, a room large enough to accommodate 40 people without tripping over each other, overstuffed couches and huge chairs.  The kitchen would have 5 large islands with sinks, ranges and ovens on each, open all around each.  Of course, we would have to have a couple of oversized refrigerators/freezers filled to the brim with all kinds of food available for cooking.  We will need a huge playroom for the little ones, and a play room for the big kids with a huge TV so that the guys can watch football and golf.  We will need 5 large master bedrooms down stairs, one for each of my siblings.  Upstairs we will need a couple of huge dormitories, one for all the girls and one for the boys, large enough for a bed for everyone.  Huge bathrooms will be needed, of course.  And you know what, since this is my dream, we are going to have someone take care of the place for us, keeping it mowed, making sure the place is nicely kept, and we will need to have someone clean up after we leave, changing sheets, etc.  Any of you can use it, anytime you want.  And oh, I almost forgot!  Swimming pool........and a pool boy. Yep, that is what I would do with the lottery winnings.  That is my lottery fantasy....a place where my family can gather....a place on the old homestead. 

A little side note.  My little guy doesn't allow much hugging and kissing on him.  In fact, I never get a kiss, but occasionally I get a hug.  Today, I asked for a hug while he was on the chair stirring the popsicle mix.  He turned to me and hugged me.  I told him that I really liked his hug and him.  Quietly, in his little tinny voice, almost like he didn't really want me to hear him, he said "Well, you are a pretty good grandma."  I acted like I didn't hear that, but my heart just melted.

I love you. And don't forget that I will make sure you each have a new car, cash, and college educations for your kids. 

2 comments:

  1. what a beautiful and unselfish lottery wish. I would have cried hearing Logan's response! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well since it's a dream, can we be on a beautiful lake too? I mean, since it's the lottery and all, you can have one built!

    ReplyDelete

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive