Wednesday, March 5, 2014

It’s Time for Me to Start Sewing Again

Little Girl's Coat Dress

It is time for me to start sewing again.  At Kohl’s this morning, I saw this adorable little coat and dress and it reminded me so much of Mom that I had to take a picture just for my blog.  Mom would have loved this little dress, she’d be sketching in her little notebook.  Look at all the details in this outfit; piping, bows, matching trim around the hem.  She’d sketch this one for sure.

 

Back in the day, the month before Easter was always a busy time for Mom.  She had four little girls to be outfitted for Easter and that meant sewing.  Off to town she would head, looking for inspiration at the local children’s shop…..sketching.  Then she’d be hitting all the fabric stores in town, and most of them had fabric, to find the right fabric (material, as we called it), trim, thread, buttons, patterns, and zippers.  I can still see her pulling out a spool of thread and unwinding just a bit of thread to see how it would blend in with the material.  She’d get home and sew up our little dresses only to find the weather turning very cold on Easter.  Back to Shawnee she’d go to get more material to make us little dusters (spring coats).  Usually she’d make white ones, but once in a while it would be a little coat to match our little dresses.  

It is time for me to start sewing again.  I don’t have to sketch.  I have my cell phone.  I have Pinterest.

One of these days, I will publish an Easter picture of us girls.

 

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive