Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Now I Want to Read the Book

Yesterday we went to see a movie.  We only go to the theater about 4 or 5 times a year and most of those times we are with the grandchildren.  Since it was our anniversary, I wanted to see something without a message.  I didn't want to feel guilty or remorseful.  I didn't want to be terrified.  I wanted to feel uplifted.  So today, I picked a movie which I thought was going to be a comedy.  Well, I was wrong.  It had some comic spots, but it really was a drama.  Still, I felt uplifted when I walked out.




Even though this wasn't the movie I was expecting, it was probably one of the best movies I have seen in years.  Saving Mr. Banks starring Emma Thompson and Tom Hanks.  I won't go into all the particulars just in case you might want to see it.  There are several reasons I enjoyed it; no violence, no bad language, and no sexual overtones.  It was one of those movies where I giggled one moment and cried the next; always the standard by which I judge a movie.




Now I want to read the book, Mary Poppins




I love you.   


Little side note:  We went to the matinee, 2:15 p.m. movie.  I love movie theater popcorn.  Since we were basically the only people in the place (to be honest there were two others), I asked the girl behind the concession stand if the popcorn was fresh.  She said not really but was willing to make me some and it would only take a minute.  She and I are now best friends!!!!  She held the bag so that the popcorn fell directly into the bag.  You can't beat freshness like that.  I will say it again, She and I are now best friends!!!!  This little act of kindness made my day.  We always talk about the guy who cut us off or the woman who took that coveted parking spot or the girl who short changed us at the restaurant, but we seldom say anything about or to the person who gave excellent service.  She and I are now best friends!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive