Monday, March 3, 2014

The Oscars

The Oscar goes to......................................Regina for her role as Nana in the "Tucker House".


Just a little fluff this morning because I watched the Oscars last night and am going to talk about it.  Specifically, I am going to talk about all those beautiful evening gowns.  Mostly, the gowns are why I even turn on the show.  I like to see what people are wearing and remember, I am still 12 years old.   


I especially enjoyed seeing the dresses of women of my generation, Goldie Hawn, Bette Midler, Glenn Close, and Meryl Streep.  What beautiful gowns they all chose, but oddly enough, the one that made the best impression was Bette Midler.  I don't think it was especially 'Oscar' looking as some of the others, but I thought it was most fitting for her personality.  I fantasized what dress I would be wearing if I were in their shoes.  None of their dresses were especially my favorites on the runway, but when Camila Alves stepped out with her man, Matthew McConaughey , I knew I had found my favorite......the one I would have worn, even at my age.  What a beautiful color, her elegance, her posture!  So stately and fitted perfection; her arms were covered...........see, I told you, I could pull that off.  What?!?  That woman is a model?  Are you serious?  Well..............maybe I haven't found MY dress after all.......too bad..........I'll just have to keep looking.  I am sure Versace will be clamoring to dress me.  Not to worry.............


The hubby was not into this show at all and most of the time he was in the other room, but occasionally he'd come through and make some derogatory remark as he'd rummage through the refrigerator.  Despite the fact that he hates award shows, he sat on sat on the couch with me a couple of times.  Once when Kevin Spacey was speaking; we both agreed that he had a wonderful speaking voice.  Another time he was in the room was when Viola Davis spoke.  We agreed that she and Kevin could have presented the whole show.  Both of them made me want to stop looking at Pinterest and listen to what they were saying.


Another thing I noticed is the use of Botox in Hollywood is rampant.  I am sure the cosmeticians had their needles at the ready.  I can't imagine doing that.  Speaking of Botox, I saw Eva Marie Saint on TV yesterday.  She was so beautiful, wrinkles and all, at age 89.  She said her family asked her to never do anything to her face and she promised she never would.  After that interview I have a great deal of respect for her.  I find a woman who can age gracefully, so much more attractive.  Nothing uglier than someone with not a wrinkle in their skin, but with vapid eyes.  Don't do it ladies.


On a totally different note, I saw my boyfriend, Harrison Ford with Calista.  I don't know what he sees in her.  Her -- Me?  You pick.  A new heartthrob of mine, Benedict Cumberbatch, was there as well.  I might, too, have a small crush on Matthew McConaughey.  The verdict is still out on him, but I loved his acceptance speech.  I know what you are saying, "you pick the oddest people", but hey, to each his own.  Somebody gotta love these guys.


That's all I have to say about the Oscars for now.  Hope you enjoyed my little fluff about the Oscars.


I love you.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive