Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Controversy

I hate controversy, even imaginary controversy and today I might have had some imaginary controversy. I finally got my broken bathroom back splash replaced today. It was installed in March, so I should have been thrilled that the installers were coming to replace it. I have been after the tile company to replace it for months now. Looking back, I am really surprised and proud of myself for even calling to complain in the first place. Every time I used that bathroom, I never saw the beautiful countertop, but the broken back splash. We could have gotten by with the broken back splash, but I would have never been happy. Ever! In 10 years time, I still will be pointing out the cracked areas if we don't fix it now. As soon as I got the call that the installers were on their way, I started shaking. Legs were trembling. They arrived and they were the same guys that installed it in March. Oh my. Now they are going to think I am complaining about their work. Oh woe is me! Are they going to yell at me? Are they going to curse at me for calling them back out? Are they rolling their eyes with disgust? Are they going to hate me?

My heart was thumping so loudly that I thought I might be having a heart attack. I was probably hyperventilating. I couldn't face these guys without my hubby. He sort of made me go check their work before they left. After all, he wanted me to be happy and happiness about a countertop is subjective. What if I go in there and an not happy again? What would I do? Am I going to have enough nerve to call them on it? Are they going to call me names and tell me I am just a "you know the word"? But this whole scenario ended well. The work was OK and I was happy with it. But it seems that nothing is ever exactly perfect. I think I must have too critical an eye because my eyes always seem to go right to a little blemish just like a heat seeking missile. Even with the little blemish that I kept quiet about, I am so glad they replaced the broken back splash and I am once again a happy woman. I even offered them bottled water as they were leaving - - but we had none. How embarrassing. Do you think we away saying it was the thought that counted?

I wish I could be different when it comes to standing my ground. I am not proud of myself for being such a wimp. I hate that sick at my stomach feeling when people argue. Some people seem to thrive on controversy. Me, if someone starts to curse or is mean, I just want to run away and secretly throw my guts up. I even get embarrassed when someone sends their food back at a restaurant. I get run over a lot as you can imagine. Blessed be the meek for they shall inherit the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive