Sunday, June 26, 2011

Father's Day Pictures

Over the weekend we left Stormy with our daughter. When we went to pick him up and leave, Logan, the 4 yr old, went up to his Grandpa, hugged him, and told him bye. Then he told Stormy bye. Then he just walked right by me as though I wasn't there. His mom asked him if he was going to tell Nana bye, and he just cut his eyes at me and kept on walking. I had to laugh because I know other than his mom and dad, his grandpa is the most important person in his life. Sometimes I question his mom and dad's precedence in this list of those elite few of those adored by him. Blaine, however, might be up there with grandpa on Logan's adoration list. I fall somewhere around 12th. He hasn't yet realized I am the one that buys the toys, the snacks, the ice cream, the snow cones, the root beer, the chicken nuggets and all the other material things this little boy asks for every time he comes.

Look at the grin on his face as his grandpa reads the card he wrote his grandpa. He wrote that he liked his tractor, he like grandpa, and he liked Stormy. Not a word about Nana. hmmmm I may be getting a complex.


That is ok. I know he loves me anyway. Blaine also wrote a cute card and Johnny we keep these Father's Day cards forever-well I will keep them for him. I think I will write a note to Logan that I love him anyway even if he disses me. One day he will find it and feel GUILTY!! No, I am kidding, I would not do that.


To Logan his grandpa can do no wrong and I am not kidding when I say that. When his mom tries to put him in shorts, he wants to know if grandpa wears shorts. Nobody quite gets what it is about Grandpa that trips his trigger, but I suspect it because Grandpa basically lets the boys do their own thing. I, on the other hand, am all gushy and want to kiss them and hug them and try my hardest to get them in my lap for some grandma lovin'.



And here he is in his usual position--that being any position except being still. We went to an outdoor concert Friday night with him, Blaine, and Shawna. Blaine was mesmerized by the guitarist. Logan was great, too, being such a good boy setting in his lawn chair. Out of the corner of my eye, I knew the reason why he was being such a good boy. He was picking up wood chips and putting them in his chair. I caught his eye as he had a handful of chips over the top of his head just about ready to let them fall. He grinned at me and I melted. He knew he was caught and slowly dropped his handful of wood chips in his lap.

And here is my oldest little guy who will be 7 this Thursday. What a joy he is, trying on his grandpa's new belt. Just a little bit too big, but in about 20 years, it might just fit. We are so proud of him. He is soaking up information like a sponge. He is all about learning all the presidents, knowing about space, and learning everything he can about America and all the states. He got tons of learning tools for his birthday and is a happy boy!




Everybody ready for their picture except grandpa. There is always one.












Grandpa is showing them the snapping sound a belt can make which really intrigued Logan, but Blaine not so much. He almost got Logan to put his hand in there, but Logan didn't quite trust him on this one.






Both my boys are wonderful, but Logan is definitely a grandpa's boy and Blaine is definitely a Nana's boy. Love, love, love them.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive