Thursday, June 9, 2011

This is Not Good


This is not how you use a Zero Turn Radius Toro mower, kiddos.*

I love to mow especially using my almost new ZTR. Ok it is a year old, but it is the newest vehicle we own.....let me clarify that....it is the ONLY new vehicle we have ever bought. It is a blast to drive. Almost like bumper cars....don't laugh.


Off I go into the wild blue yonder, oblivious to everything around me, stretched out getting a few rays on my lily white legs, just vegging out on the mower. Almost done....... Going smooth and then all of a sudden the right front wheel comes off the ground. If you have never been on a ZTR, you will know that when this happens the whole thing get squirrelly and scary...like the thing might turn over.


I had no idea how to get out of my predicament, but I knew enough to kill the mower deck. I tried a couple of times backing up and rocking forward, but the back wheel was getting deeper and deeper and the front left wheel which was still on the ground was going everywhere but straight. I was afraid I would rock out of the hole only to circle around without control and go right back off the culvert....possible dismemberment flashed before my eyes even though the mower deck had stopped revolving. Luckily, hubby was near by and came to my rescue after my distressed screams. He is such a patient man. First thing he asks me before approaching is if the mower deck is stopped. Safe and patient, that's him. I think they must emphasize safety in engineering school, that, and his old stand by when something doesn't work for me "Is it plugged in?" The he tries to instruct me on how to maneuver my way out with him standing on the deck. That didn't work because I was just to scared and the back wheel is sinking deeper and deeper. He tells me to kill it and he heads to the house to get the tractor to give me a tow. He was able to pull it out without me getting back on that bronco.


Never once did he loose his cool although I knew he probably wanted to especially when he was trying to tell me to put the left control in neutral and go forward on the right. I guess he had forgotten I never learned my left from my right. 39 years.....you'd think!!.......there is a lot to remember when one is married to me. All is well........off I go again, day dreaming and thinking of lunch.


*Please don't think my ego is so great that I have followers that I call kiddos. The kiddos I am referring to are my children. I am not Lady Gag Me With A Spoon and I do not have Little Monsters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive