Saturday, June 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Baby







Today a wonderful friend's first grandchild was born to her only child and it happened to be his 21st birthday. How cool is that? I imagine they are really celebrating tonight; celebrating his 21st birthday, celebrating the birth of the baby, and celebrating that the baby has arrived healthy.


These babies - they grow up so fast. My sweet little great nephew's mom bought his last two cans of formula today. He has a older sister just a little older than him so he probably will be the last child for that family. Somehow the Facebook posting about buying the last of the formula was a little sad for me for I know that little chapter of their lives is drawing to a close. By Christmas he will be walking never to look back at a bottle.

My own two grandsons are now almost 7 and 4 years old. They are old enough to tease and play tricks on me and are especially adept at maneuvering circumstances in order to get what they want. I wouldn't have it any other way. Even though they are old enough to manipulate me, they are still excited to see me and want to spend time with me. Hugs are rare these days, but when they come they are even more precious.

May God bless my friend's new baby grandchild. May God bless her son and her family. May God bless my great nieces and nephews, and may God continue to bless my grandsons. Happy Birthday Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive