Sunday, June 12, 2011

It's Always Something, Jane



Twas minutes into nap time and all through the homey, not a creature was stirring not even lil Stormy. I was snug on my couch, laptop precariously placed, head hung low, in hopes that the phone calls would be a NO.


When out on the roof there rose such a chatter, I jumped from my nap to see what was the matter. Away to the glass screen I flew like a flash, tore open the door, ran out in a dash.


The sun of the midday shown brightly on my picnic table, when what to my sleepy eyes should appear but a huge umbrella on the rooftop, unstable.


He spoke not a word but went straight to his work, grabbing his ladder, climbing like a mad hatter . And laying his hands around the umbrella pole, cranking the handle, he took control.




I heard him exclaim as he descended the bane,


"It is always something, Jane."












No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive