Thursday, March 14, 2013

Clean, White, Turquoise

Hello everybody.  Do you know your decorating style?  Sadly, I do not.  I am getting a clue though.  The Pioneer Woman tells us that she is beginning to know hers simply by looking at her pins on Pinterest.  I am going to take a look at mine and see.  I suspect what I will find is just clean rooms.  What I really, really want, tell me what ya really, really want, is clean.  White.  Turquoise. CLEAN!  Today that is what I lack.  CLEAN.  I want clean, but I just don't put the effort to keep it clean.

I have my favorite blogs and when I look at their posts and pictures, what I see is CLEAN and white with a little color mixed in.  One of my top two blogs is www.fortheloveofahouse.blogspot.com.  Oh my goodness, just take a look and you will see CLEAN.  There is never a thing out of place, but rather than it looking stark and uninviting, it is just the opposite.  Her house makes me want to curl up in a ball with a good book (not a Kindle) in any of her rooms, not excluding her beautiful bathroom with the lovely chair.  That is what I want, a beautiful comfy chair in my bathroom, but the bath needs to be big enough for it not to feel like I am in the bathroom.  Wouldn't work in my bathroom unless you used the ledge in the shower for a chair.  That might be strange for the hubs to find me curled up with my book in the shower.  Strange indeed!

Another favorite blog is www.houseofturquoise.com .  This blogger loves turquoise so she posts pictures daily of beautiful homes with touches of turquoise in them.  Various shades of blues and turquoise and teal are a common theme in her posts and I love each one.  I could stare endlessly at all the decorating ideas and beautiful shades of the sea in her pictures.  Take a look at today's post and the very first picture is a lovely room with turquoise/green that is divine, but very reminiscent of the 1960s.  In my senior year Home Economics class, we had to put together a booklet of our favorite house plan and show pictures of how we would decorate it, right down to the colors.  Mine was filled with light carpet and and touches of blues............throughout each room, very much like the picture in this blogger's post today.  I wish I had kept that booklet.......    

I hope you are having a very good day. Now I have to CLEAN. White and turquoise to come later.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive