Wednesday, March 20, 2013

For Now We Wait

For now we wait.

As I posted last week, we planted a few things in our garden.  Nothing earth shattering, but we did plant some onion sets and some onion plants, some peas, some radishes, a half row of turnips...yuck, a row of Yukon Gold potatoes, and as of today, some leeks.  If you have the idea that I am a gardener, you couldn't be further from the truth.  I will leave the hard core gardening to my sweet sister or my sweet sister-in-law, and my equally sweet brother.  They are the tried and true gardeners of the family.  When they are talking gardening, I am just on the sidelines, hoping to pick up a few of their hints.

I think one of the main reasons I plant my garden is to have a date with my hubby.  At this time of the year, if you drove down our road, you would probably find us taking a walk around our property.  In fact, you might find us checking out the garden at least twice a day.  It is our little time to plan, to see if anything is coming up, to decide if it needs weeding, watering, fertilizing, or picking, and did I mention watering?!?! 

We took our little walk just a few minutes ago, checking the onions, some of which are poking up through the ground just a tad................and...................and.................we have either turnips or radishes just breaking the soil.................. and before you wonder why I do not know...............I have no excuses other than I didn't plant them, my daughter did because I was climbing trees.

These little bits of new life are really exciting.  Fruits of our labor...........OK, maybe in a few weeks, but for now we wait.

I love you and if you will excuse me, I have a date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive