Tuesday, May 28, 2013

I Am Getting Out of the Dark

Good Morning.  I have been down lately.  Not down as on the floor or sick, but down in the mouth as my mom would describe it.  And with me, the "down" is very visible because I have a face that normally looks "down".....I have a mouth that naturally turns down (as in a sad face).  I have to work hard on  the happy days not to look "down".  I see myself in pictures where I am unaware of the camera and I can see the "sad" face.

There have been a lot of "down" issues with me, my hubby, my family, my friends, my state, and my nation lately.  I won't go into any details, but it seems there are lots of things we are dealing with right now.  I am not sure how to react to any of them, but "down" is probably not the best place to be and if you have ever been "down" then you will agree, it is not a pleasant place. 

This morning, folding clothes in my new sunroom, floor to ceiling doors all around, cool breeze flowing gently, birds chirping, the squirrels hopping from one bird feed to another, it hit me; I am OK.  Everything is going to really be alright.  I am OK.  Maybe I am not perfect, maybe my loved ones are perfect, maybe my friends aren't perfect, maybe I don't get to go on vacation as often as I would like, maybe I need a new washer, but we are going to be OK.

My hubby told me the other week (before the tornado) that he thinks I like to wallow in the low places............the dark side...........  Hmmmm, is he right?  Do I like to keep myself there and wallow in pity?  He sure made me pause and think.  I am sure God does not want me to live in the dark.    There are so many blessings all around me.  I must get up out of the dark and look for them. 

I wasn't sure where I was going with this post when I started typing.  I just knew I had to get it out there.  Retirement age seems to bring lots of issues for some.  It seems there are others who have no issues.  Maybe it is all in how we look at life.  Is my glass half full or half empty?

I pray that I can look at my life as half full.  With that in mind, here I go out to plant more flowers and ever grateful to my Jesus that I am able to do so.  I am getting out of the dark.

I love you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive