Sunday, May 12, 2013

Kisses Mom

My mom, my dad...........sigh.  This brings a lump to my throat for this is exactly how I picture them when I think of them.  This is how they looked before.............before everything that took their health.  This is how I will always remember them. 

Mother's Day and I feel so inadequate for I have none of the qualities of that sweet gentle woman in that picture.  Please do not feel that I am wanting someone to brag on me or make me feel better.  I know that I am a better mother that a lot of mothers, but I am a far cry from the mother that reared me.  What a soft gentle soul she was.  What a kind, quiet person.  What a woman of God.  What an example. 

I see the white hair always coiffed just right, a little on the stiff side.  I see the wrinkles in her face...........the beautiful wrinkles.  I see the light touch of powder and blush on her cheeks.  I see the pinkish red lips so full with smiles.............ready to kiss me right on the lips, something that I will always cherish............that kiss on the lips............just a sweet little peck............my mother's lips. 

No, you won't see any of these in the picture above unless you were one of hers, her children, her in-laws who were always just like her own, her grandchildren, even some of her great grandchildren that are old enough to remember.  No, you won't see, because we see with our memories.  We see the wrinkles, the powder, the blush because we touched them.  We see the lips because we kissed them. 

I love you............forever.  Kisses Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive