Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Qualified Outfit

 
 
My little guys were invited to birthday parties this weekend......SIX of them.  Two for Logan and four for Blaine.  Blaine wants to go to the one at 6 p.m. Saturday night because it is Oscar's, the COOLEST boy in school.  Remember when you wanted to go to the coolest kid's party?  Or maybe YOU were the coolest kid.
 
Well, Saturday night we are invited to the coolest boy in school's home for an annual class reunion.  Here's my dilemma, what to wear?  I kid you not when I tell you that I pulled out and tried on every pair of pants, shorts, and capris in my closet.  I also tell you that I tried on at least four tops for each pants, trying desperately to come up with the perfect combination to look cool (as in hip or is it hep), to look skinny (or at least not to look like I am wearing clothes two sizes too small), and to look like I didn't deliberately go out and buy new clothes (gotta look like I wear these type clothes all the time) and I must look timeless............another word for classy.  Since I will be in another state and do not know the weather at 3:00 in the afternoon, I must not wear something that will be too hot or too cool (as in cold)
 
The real problem is the pants.  The ones I had intended on wearing are too tight.  Still very cute pants, but tight.  I wore them last year to the same event, but with white pants, I could just put a different top and nobody would be the wiser, and they would fit the bill....long enough to be warm should it be a cool day...white if the weather is warm...hip because white jeans are just  cute...white because they are just plain old classy...AND I wore them last year so they will not look NEW.  That leaves only the problem of tight.  Even though these jeans are skinny jeans which are supposed to be snug, (which were snug last year, maybe just a tad too snug) they are not supposed to look like sausage casings.  The good thing...........they now totally encase my cellulite and rather than small little dimples showing I have these huge sausage casings (one for each leg). 
 
The hubby came in to assure me that he will be proud of me in anything, but he did offer the suggestion that maybe the red pants weren't quite as tight.  "Maybe not quite as tight as the others."  He is a dear man and I suspect after I try on all the "qualified" outfits later tonight, he will offer up some cash and tell me to take a trip to Chico's or some other "qualified" store to get the "qualified" outfit.
 
I love you.
 
P.S.  Anybody got a great recipe for me to take to this event.  Gotta make an impression.  Qualifications:  Must travel well, keep cool or at room temperature for a couple of days, and be easy to serve AND IT MUST BE OVER THE TOP, THE MOTHER OF ALL RECIPES.  Reason:  These ladies are from Arkansas and the southern ladies KNOW how to cook.  Just ask Paula Dean or my Mississippi sister.  Ideas???? 
 


2 comments:

  1. Go to Chicos girl! Get you something special. You always cook good stuff! Now hurry up and get out of here so we can have our vacation home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You only love me when I leave town and leave the freezer full.

      Delete

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive