Thursday, May 2, 2013

Thoughts for Today

Just had my coffee and I am chomping at the bit to go.  Go clean house, that is.  Yes, I have some serious cleaning to do today on this cold day in Oklahoma City.  Can't work outside so I have no excuse not to work inside.  As I said yesterday, being retired is a lot like WORK.  And I will work..............right after I take one more look at Pinterest.

Pinterest is one big picture magazine, isn't it?  I should print off the pictures and turn them into a coffee table book.  Wouldn't that be a fun book?  I am beginning to think that we citizens of the world have no patience for an actual magazine, let alone a book.  No, just give us pictures.  Pictures that can flow in and out of our brains in an instant.......  Oh, I have just thought of this, do you think that we and the following generations will have a greater instance of Alzheimer's disease because of how much is flowing through our brains and never committed to memory?  We are "in the moment" for only a moment, not even a second.............quicker than a lightening bolt the images are gone.  

We have little tolerance of anything that takes any effort.  Can you imagine a child taking the time to build a model?  Of course, there are exceptions, and I have proof of those exceptions in my own grandchildren, but on average of all the children in the USA........  I wish I had a "sigh" button and I would insert it here. 

So when your grandchildren have soccer games...t-ball...football...gymnastics...cheer practice...dance, or, best of all, just playing outdoors, support them.  Encourage them to be part of the world rather than just looking at it though a 5 X 7 computer screen. 

Well that's all I have.........now to grab the vacuum cleaner........right after I take one more look at those little alcoves for al fresco dining.  Remind me, I need to write a post about al fresco dining. 

I love you.
 
By the way, my grandchildren, my boys are way above average......just in case I haven't made that clear.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive