Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Riding Around in my ZTR

For all those of you who have asked me about retirement, I want to let you know up front that retirement is a lot of work.  In fact it might be more work than you are doing now. 

Spring/summer/winter, and in that order I might add, have arrived.  We have mowed the yard twice now, but Monday it was the big one.  The one where the blade is let down low and I go roaring off into parts of the yard, up till now, unknown.  The first real 'get with it' mowing......the one where the sticks and limbs are chewed up and thrown out like hand grenades (and it sounds like it too--better stand back--way back)...........the one that creates a dust tornado............the one where the neighbors come out to check to see if a helicopter has crashed in our yard.  Yep, that is me under all that dust.  Shower required!!!

I have to brag on our Toro Zero Turn Radius mower.  It has cut down our yard work by three-quarters time.  I love that thing........riding around in my automobile (remember that song?).  It is like being on an amusement ride, doing wheelies, spinning around on the back wheel.  It does everything but cartwheels, and I am sure that might be accomplished with just a tab bit more acceleration.  I just love it and do most of the mowing.  You have to have one!!!!  I promise you, your life will never be the same again.  You need one, and you know who I am talking to.  Yep, you!

Another summer has begun..............until the snow and freezing temperatures arrive tomorrow.  Gotta get my tomatoes in the ground.  Lots to do today before the big chill comes in this evening. 

Yep, I am back riding around in my automobile...........otherwise known as a ZTR.  Let summer begin!  Please, let summer begin!  Riding around in my ZTR.

I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive