Thursday, August 29, 2013

White Jeans

Just about this time every year, I start planning my summer only to find that it is drawing to a close rather quickly.  Our 2013 summer has been one of the strangest summers ever, from the weather to my very busy day to day life.  It was a summer that began very sadly with the death of the hubby's sister.  The month of June was almost unbearably sad, but as with life, it must go on.

Here we are just a day away from Labor Day Weekend, and sadly, here we are wrapping up the summer attending another funeral.  When I get back, I am going to start my summer.  Do you reckon (reckon----an Oklahoma expression) I can wear my white pants?

Yes, this weekend I will be wearing my white jeans trying to get the most out of my favorite summer attire.  White jeans in summer.......just love 'em.  It was been well drilled into my head all my life that I should not wear white after Labor Day.  No white shoes........well no white shoes EVER......no matter what the season.  No white jeans.  No white jackets.  ..................JUST NO WHITE. 

So as the season comes to the end, I will saturate myself in white clothing.  Come Tuesday, they will all be put away for the winter.  They will be safely tucked away, waiting for me come next May and then my happy dance will begin again. 

Here's to white jeans.

I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive