Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy 2017

Hello and happy new year wherever you are.


I haven't posted much this last year, but here I am tonight saying hello.  I hope to write more in 2017.  Notice that I don't say resolve.  I am not going to have any resolutions this year.  Nope, none!  2017 shall be a year of freedom for me, maybe, unless I am hindered otherwise.  Got you confused?  Me, too. 


So...........did you eat your black-eyed peas today?  We certainly did, so our year should be a very prosperous one............a girl can dream...........!  I made Pioneer Woman's recipe for Hoppin' John and it was the best I have ever made.  But probably I said the same things last year. 


I've been reflecting this evening on all the previous years' New Years Days (man I've had a LOT of them).........filled with all sorts of memories....................ROSE BOWL PARADE.................momma.................bowl games........................family..................onion dip...................family games............food.................black-eyed peas...................FOOTBALL....................chip and ONION DIP..............ROSE BOWL PARADE...............Aunt Wilma's house in Shawnee....................cards.............family...................family........................family............LAUGHTER!

There's probably a little story in each of the above points, especially the ONION DIP, but most memorable point is LAUGHTER because each of those points resulted in laughter.  So I raise my imaginary glass to LAUGHTER.  (and here's to you Mindy.  Thanks for reading.)


Laughing together, I love you.  Happy 2017.  Again, I love you.





2 comments:

  1. Mindy Moman got in your blog. She is famous now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told her since she is my only reader besides you, that she is only famous in her own eyes. Get it??

      Delete

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive