Friday, January 13, 2017

Peaceful Rest Tonight

Have you ever wanted to move somewhere where one couldn't get internet service?  Do you ever find yourself just fed up with the whole internet/social media process?  Do you ever want to never see a newscast again?


Just the other day I saw a picture of a long, long road in the middle of Somewhere, USA.  You could tell it was summer, and there were mountains in the background so it must have been taken in Colorado or New Mexico.  I have been on many isolated, lonely roads in both states and often wondered what it would be like to live out there; no internet service.  Lonely?  Maybe.  I would like to try though.  I would like to be away from the chaotic clutter of all the discord out there in the world today; the discord that clutters my mind.  Yeah, I'd like to try for one full year...............away....................


Okay, I might not build a cabin in the middle of nowhere, but there are times when I go back.............back to the middle of mom and dad's pasture where the only thing I had to worry about were the stinging nettles.  No noise except a cow mooing or the caw of a blackbird.  Back when times were gentler and people were nicer.  You knew your neighbors were not much different from you.  You knew they had the same values.  We could relate.  We could leave our doors unlocked and each night was filled with peaceful rest, not worrying about what is going on in the world.  Good night my sweet dreams.  I am going to try and capture peaceful rest tonight.


I love you.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive