Tuesday, January 3, 2017

I am Just Talking

Just talking tonight friends.


1.  Went to the mall by myself today.  I had forgotten that I could be alone and enjoy it.  Browsing around.  Me, myself, and I had a wonderful time.


2.  Just because you return something for a bigger size, does NOT mean you can get an even exchange.  I had bought some black tights at Steinmart before Christmas and realized I had gotten the wrong size.  No problem, I will just exchange for the right size.  Problem is they were on sale when I bought them so in order to get them exchanged I would have to pay an extra $2.50 (now not on sale).  So I decided to NOT return them.  I perhaps could have argued the point with the manager, but I just didn't want the hassle.  Oh well...............perhaps in my old age I am realizing that me causing a conflict wouldn't gain me $2.50 worth of satisfaction.


3.  A local TV news story tugged at my heart tonight and tears sprang up quite unexpectedly.  You see a 6 year old little girl and her 13 year-old learning disabled brother were in separate foster homes.  They were meeting today for the story of adoption; you could definitely tell that they missed one another.  These precious babes have no control over what happens to them.   They need to have a home together; parents that are special because these two little ones are special.  Tonight they will be in my prayers. 


4.  The hubby and I have turned off the TV tonight and are listening to Pandora; some oldies--Floyd Cramer's "Last Date".  Now when is the last time you heard that song.  Gosh, there was excellent music back in the 70s if you knew where to look and my sweet hubby knew where to look.  I wish you could see his personal music collection.


5.  As I set here typing away, I see one more Christmas item that needs to be put away.  Before I go to bed, that will be put away.............


6.  Speaking of Christmas, I was able to put away all my Christmas items BEFORE New Years Eve.  That's a goal every year.  Would you believe I have nine Christmas themed pillows?   Where, girls, am I going to store nine pillows?  Don't let me buy another pillow next Christmas, please.  Please remind me!!


7.  The hubby is cleaning out one of his drawers tonight and finding all sorts of interesting tidbits.  Like his zero defects pin from Tinker.  "Can't make mistakes if you don't do anything."  His quote.


8.  Kids tomorrow................ YES!  One last visit to Grandma's before heading back to finish up another year of school.  They don't realize it, but time moves so fast!!


9.  I'm not going to tell everyone this, but I am getting really bored with Facebook.  I don't really know why, but I am.  I see people fasting from various things; perhaps I can fast from Facebook.  After all, if anybody really wants to get in touch with me, they have my number.  Besides, if I am ever tagged in FB, I will get email notice.  My life was perfectly fine BEFORE FB!  Wish me luck on that............


10.  This sweet evening with my hubby at my side and the music is bringing back such wonderful memories.  My cup runneth over with love to all of you, my sweet friends.




See, I told you I was just talking.  "Love is a Many Splendored Thing" by Mantovani.  "Till" by Midnight String Quartet  Music to sleep by.  I love it. 


I love you.


Speaking of music to sleep by, Aunt Norma's family went to bed at the same time.  Before heading off to bed, she'd put on a couple of albums on the stereo.  So relaxing.  I loved spending the night with them and I love her dearly, even now.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive