Monday, June 16, 2014

What a Fun Day

What a fun day.  This morning I went with my daughter, her two sons, ages 10 and 7, and her 3 month old daughter to the outlet mall.  We had a marvelous drive to the mall partly due to the fact that the boys were eating their breakfast sandwiches.  Audrey's favorite soothing CD is one of hymns sung by little children was playing and the quiet sacred music just got to me.  Several songs took me right back to 1965 or thereabouts because they were favorites of my family, especially mom's.  Well, I got choked up and a little teary-eyed.  They boys were a little confused as to why their Nana was tearing up so I explained to them that those songs were sung by my mom a lot.  So the trip to the mall was mixed with nostalgia, happy boys, and a little caffeine from the frappe I was enjoying which may have contributed to my emotional state. 


After we landed at the mall, we had such a wonderful time.  They boys were perfect and Audrey was asleep in her baby carriage.  All was right with the world as it often is when you promise gifts from Nana.  Nothing pleases Logan more than a pair of gloves and today's gloves happen to be adult size black fingerless style.  That's all it took to make him happy.........wore them the rest of the day.......not to mention the two new tee shirts that he wore during our outing.  Oh yes, he put the sleeveless one right over the shirt he had on, only to be changed later for the other new one..............and..................and that is ok.  It gives me much pleasure to buy things that the kids love and have picked out.  Don't worry, Blaine also got his fair share, but unlike Blaine, he was not about to put on different tee shirts right there on the mall bench.


Then it was time to leave.............And the chaos began...............Audrey could not have been unhappier....................she cried. or should I say screamed, all the way home getting louder every mile.  The boys were happy, playing loudly in the back seat, and I suspect they were trying to be louder than their sister.  My daughter and I were in the front trying to carry on some type of conversation, oblivious to all the chaos in the back...............or at least trying to ignore it.  Then I laughed and told her I loved this.........all this chaos.  The same CD was playing as when we left home that morning only this time, it was much louder hoping to somehow soothe poor Audrey in the back (which didn't work), the boys are laughing and playing, and little Audrey was crying almost choking herself and that little quivering cry that only a mother knows is heart breaking.  Yes, I loved all the chaos because it represented the living and having fun even though my daughter might beg to differ on the having fun part.  So.............once we turned on our street, we all started embracing the moment.  My daughter and I just started yelling to the top of our lungs, laughing, and kind of went bonkers.  We just let loose and joined the chaos.


What a fun day!  Some days you just have to embrace the moment.  If you feel like you just can't stand the chaos another moment, just embrace it.  Your kids might look at you like you've lost your marbles.


I love you. 


The boys got a toy from The Disney Store, of course!!!  Blaine picked Buzz Lightyear and Logan picked Woody.  This just thrilled me..........my 10 and 7 year old grandsons wanting the little stuffed characters.  What really melted my heart was my 10 year old.  Whenever we were alone, he would grab Buzz and play with him.  But my little guy didn't want to embarrass himself so he asked his mom to let him know if there were people around that he would get embarrassed if he knew they were watching him.  How sweet is that?


Then a little funny about Logan......I took him to the restroom.  I could see him getting a paper towel down and he kept pulling until he has about 2 feet of towel.  The cute thing was he told the dispenser thank you after he tore it off.  Now isn't that cute. 


My two boys are such sweet young men.  I sure hope they continue that for the rest of their lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive