Wednesday, June 4, 2014

I Don't Mind

I found a couple of ice cream sticks on the outside window ledge.
....and a Lincoln Log under the sofa.
....and there's a stick under the table in the sunroom; a foot long stick.
....and a baby headband is on the desk.
....and the blinds have been pulled up half way.
....and an empty soda can is on the air conditioner.
....and the pool toys have been left outside.
....and green tooth paste is in the sink.
....and my towels are covered in dirt. 
....and there is a candy wrapper on the counter.
.....and there is a half chewed candy bar in the trash.
.....and there is one lone black sock behind the chair.




....and there is laughter still lingering in the atmosphere.........they have gone home............those boys of mine.............and I already miss them............


I don't mind the ice cream sticks, the Lincoln Logs, the stick, nor do I mind a left behind headband, the blinds askew, the soda can, the pool toys, nor the green toothpaste.  I don't mind washing the towels, nor do I mind putting the wrapper in the trash.  I don't mind that somebody didn't like the candy I gave them and I sure don't mind holding on the sock until their next visit.


If they didn't come, I would mind!  I love it that they love to come here.............those grandchildren of mine.  If they make small messes what is that in the big scheme of things. 


I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive