Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Why Can’t We Get a Trader Joes?

Aunt Geneva 053

 

 

 

Hello all.  There are certain people who wanted me to post my latest finds at Trader Joes.  So here we go.  Look at the shelf stable whipping cream.  I have never seen that before so I had to buy a few of these.  I have used them and it tastes just like cream and can be used in any application where cream is needed.  The directions tell you to refrigerate it if you want to whip it.  I haven’t used it that way so we will see how this works out since I bought six cartons.  Maybe homemade ice cream is on the menu sometime this summer. 

 

Look at all the cheese.  The hubby was with me and threw a lot of the cheeses in the cart.  The white stilton with apricots is really good.  The bacon cheddar is only so-so.  I don’t know what I was thinking when I bought the mozzarella.  I thought it was fresh and used it for Caprese.  It was not good in that recipe.  I wouldn’t buy it or the bacon cheddar again.  The double crème brie was delicious, but I can find some locally that are just as good.

 

Ghee – Now that is probably something you have never used.  It is clarified butter and is also shelf stable.  It really has a intense buttery taste so it goes a long ways.  I loved this stuff!!   Will I buy again?  Maybe, however, I have found several recipes online so I can make my own from now on.

 

Candy – I bought a bunch of candy and all were over the top!  The chocolate covered marshmallows were great, but those sea salt chocolate covered caramels were out of this world…….so good, that this last weekend, I bought another bag. 

 

California Estate Olive Oil has gotten great reviews in the Wall Street Journal and I must say, it is delicious for about $5.99 a bottle. 

 

I buy the Salsa Verde every time I am in a Trader Joes.  I use it to make chicken enchilada.  The clerk wanted to know how I used this Verde so I explained as best I could under the circumstances.  I never seem to fix them the same way twice, but they always taste delicious. 

 Aunt Geneva 054

 

I wouldn’t buy the hummus again.  Just not very good and I can make my own which are much tastier.  Organic Apple Sauce was my hubby’s idea.  He said they were just ok, too.  Not going to carry them back to Oklahoma again. 

 

I loved the Sea Salt Scrub, but my daughter didn’t.  She didn’t like how it formed a scum on the tub.  The Green Tea Soap smells very good, but not as good as the lavender soap. 

 

The Greek Wild Rice had a wonderful flavor and I probably would buy again.  The Lemon Pepper Pasta was very good and I bought another bag this weekend. 

 

I loved both teas.  I wish they had more varieties.  I will buy again, especially the breakfast English teas. 

 

 

Aunt Geneva 055

There are lots of things I haven’t covered.  I just haven’t tried everything, yet.  One thing that is not in the picture is the eight jars of Cookie Butter.  Yes, eight as in 8!  They are at my daughter’s house………she and her hubby requested 8 jars.  I must admit it is delicious so much so that I won’t buy for myself.  I am weak!!!!

 

As I said at the beginning, this is a blog post for my daughter who loves to see all the things I bring back from Trader Joes.

 

If you haven’t been to a Trader Joes, stop and check them out.  It is a fun place and they have their own cult following.  Lots of blogs about this store.  Why can’t we get a Trader Joes?

 

I love you.

1 comment:

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive