Monday, May 9, 2016

Corning Ware - Sometimes the Old Stuff is the Best Stuff

 

No doubt you have been seeing various pictures of "old" Coring Ware on Facebook asking if you remember this.  It is touted as old school, old-fashioned.  Some people, teeny boppers, are even making comments such as "my grandmother had these".   Wha?????????????   I am here to tell you that I am a proud owner of this unique piece of Corning Ware along with several casserole dishes, AND I am not old; I AM NOT OLD!!!!...............well maybe just a tad bit old and okay I am a grandma (but I am known by my alias, Nana)...........but in my mind I am young.  Shoot, I got this blue cornflower pattern as wedding gifts.  Mine are in perfect condition after 44 years because I always saved them for special occasions and...........well............there weren't that many special occasions so they are still here in the cabinet.  The other day I decided I wasn't going to have many more very special occasions so I might as well use them for every day...........................so I dug this little beauty out.  It still has the original lid.  Just look at all the features of this sweet little jewel.  Pouring spouts on three sides, a little tiny handle, markings for various measurements, and a deep narrow bowl great for beating eggs, etc. 

So this little Nana is going to use this sweet bowl regardless of how old it is.  Yep, sometimes the old stuff is the best stuff.

I love you. 

 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive