Thursday, May 19, 2016

GIRL Watch Out

Hello.


As you might have guessed, I was a little excited to go to my class reunion last weekend.  While I was looking around for mementos to take with me, I remembered a particular booklet which held all my classmates graduation name cards.


...........up to the attic I go.  It wasn't in the old suitcase which holds many treasurers from long, long ago.  So............I keep digging and digging and digging.  I start to feel my mission to the attic is going to be for naught.  But wait!  What is that over there?  Over there on the other side of the attic.  I'm going to take a look. 


So............I start creeping along and bang!!!  I hit a board that isn't nailed down and my life flashes before my eyes.................well, actually it was the insulation moving toward me or was I getting closer to it.  BAM!  I am down.  I am down hard, right on my bohunkus.  I am down between two rafter beams.  But I am stopped.  Wedged!!  I am not going through the ceiling...........I don't think.  But I am lodged and pretty banged up, but it's my ego that really took a beating. 


So...............I start screaming for the hubby.............of course, he's vacuuming the truck in the shop.  That doesn't stop me from screaming again..............for a good 10 minutes.  Finally, I give up screaming, and rummage around until I find a sliver of broken board (did I break that when I fell?) and start beating on the boards until finally.......................the hubby came into the garage. 


Bottom line is my bottom is lined--lined with bruises that keeps getting darker and uglier 6 days later.  My hubby got me out of the attic just fine guiding one foot after the other until I was on terra ferma.  It could have been a disaster, but all is well and no cracks in the ceiling--I looked as soon as I got in the house. 


I guess it all means that I am getting older despite the fact that I am on 35 or so in my mind.  It came to mind that I might need to be a little more careful in the attic and stay away from the part not floored.  AND BY THE WAY, WHO LEAVES BOARDS IN THE FLOOR OF THE ATTIC WITHOUT BEING NAILED DOWN?????  Falling in the attic--falling off my platform shoes--GIRL watch out.


~and by the way, I never found what I was looking for~


I love you



No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive