Wednesday, May 11, 2016

The Shoes


You see these shoes.  Aren't they cute!??  Oh, and they are so sexy on the foot.  Really cute, cute, cute!  I hate them.  Let me make it clearer, I HATE THEM.

They are a year old, and as you can see, they look brand new.  That is because I only wore them a few times.  The very first time I wore them, I was taking the convertible out for a shopping spree.  I thought how cute I'd be in these new shoes.  I headed out to the car--thinking I was all tall and slim, statuesque--------------------and just as I was about to open the driver door, my ankle turned and down I went.  Well, I didn't look so statuesque spread all over the garage floor.  Yes, my 66 year old pride was hurt, but nobody was looking so I pulled myself up, dusted my pants off, tested my ankle and I was good to go.  I took another pair of shoes with me just in case I felt uneasy on my feet later in the day.  I made it okay, but I always made sure the hubby was with me the next time I wore them.

Fast forward one year.  My 50th class reunion is this Saturday.  I thought they might be the shoe of the day for me.  Sexy little shoes and they still look great.  So I decided to wear them around a little before hand just to make myself feel more at ease.  So..................yesterday morning I had them on and went to greet my granddaughter who was spending the day with me.  She's only two so I bent down to greet her.  I squatted down and got my sweet hug as she came running up.  And here's where it all went wrong.  I tried to get up, but all I could do was bounce my butt up and down.  I wasn't getting any momentum to bounce on up.  I couldn't get up.  I COULD NOT GET UP.  You see, I was on sloping driveway with my toes pointed down the slope.  I could not stand straight up.  Bouncing wasn't getting it.  No way!  My daughter finally had to put her phone down and use both hands to help me up.  She was laughing so hard she could hardly breathe and quite frankly she wasn't a lot of help.  Finally I was able to maneuver myself around so that I could push up using my hands.   

"MOM, don't ever wear these shoes again.  I am serious!"  So I guess I won't wear these shoes again.  My sweet little sexy shoes.  I guess I have officially come to the age of sensible shoes.  I have come to the age when the daughter scolds the mother, too. 

The shoes.................I know I said I hate them, but secretly I love them.  I have brains so I guess they will go to charity. 

I love you.
P.S.  I probably could have gotten up if I'd turned over and pushed off, but I had brand new pink pants...........you see my dilemma.  Sacrifice the pants?  No way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive