Saturday, January 21, 2012

Crazy, eh?

I am just about out of coffee filters.  Not a big deal, eh?  No it really isn't, but it really is -- to me.  I can buy more filters and have many times in the last five years.  Here is what's bothering me.  When we moved Mom into a nursing home, I grabbed her little coffee pot because I didn't have one and my brother-in-law was coming and he drank coffee.  The coffee filters were right beside the pot so I grabbed them on the way out the door, too.  Now I am running out of the filters that my mom bought.  I have sort of saved them, but not intentionally - I just always bought fresh ones when company would come. Right now I am low on filters so I started using those old filters.  Still, not a biggie for they are only filters.  But they were Mom's.  Mom bought them.  Mom picked them up.  Mom opened the package.  Mom used the first few for the pot at her house.  Just a little something that I have held on to for these last six years.  I know it is crazy, but if I use them up then it is just another little door that will close.  I know it is crazy, but it makes me a little sad and brings a little lump to my throat.  Crazy, eh?   

I will always love you.  Wish my brother-in-law was here.  We would have a cup of coffee and we would remember..........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive