Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sugared Bread

I have written about this before.....I think.  My memory seems to be getting shorter and shorter.  My Grandma Dawkins always had some sort of treat for us and if she didn't she would find some way to keep us happy.  Happiness may have consisted of a slice of bread slathered in oleo (look it up) and drenched in sugar.  Oh my gosh....the goodness. 

The boys were here today and I made them a slice of this Sugared Bread and split it for them, not knowing that they would like it or not.  They absolutely loved it.  So I made another for each of them.  Easy peasy:  Butter one side of a slice of fresh soft white bread.  Then pour sugar over the butter and shake off excess.  Eat  Wonderful!  Those boys ate even the crust.  And who wouldn't..........  So when you think there is nothing for a treat, make one of these.........better than cheesecake.  When I told them the name of it, Sugared Bread, Logan said he was going to call it, Butter Sugared Bread.  So Butter Sugared Bread it is.  I imagine they will ask for it again.  Yea for grandmas. 

Another easy peasy:  Take a can of cheap tube biscuits, you know the ones that used to be 4 4 packs for a $1....no telling what they cost these days.  They are never on my grocery list.  Anyway, pull them apart and push a hole in the center of each one with your thumb.  Fry in hot oil and sprinkle with powered sugar while hot.  Eat!  Kids love them........easy peasy.

Good night all.  Love you.  Just thought of something.  I may serve this the next time I have guests.  You know, I think they might like it.  Who doesn't taste beaten butter and sugar when they make cookies?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive